Sustainable business for our future generations
This form of sustainability has also resulted in the launch of numerous sustainable solutions on market: from electric and hybrid cars and commercial vehicles to e-bikes and electric excavators.
At Pon Logistics, we factor in the following aspects in order to minimize our CO2-footprint:
- Environmental management system, in accordance with ISO 14.001
- LED lighting: in the warehouse and offices
- Encouraging electrification: 200 charging stations at the Leusden site. Charging stations are also going to be installed at the other sites.
- Solar panels on the roof of our office in Leusden
- Heat and cold storage in Leusden
- ‘Pon aan de bak’: waste separation awareness campaign
- Use of biodiesel (HVO) during transportation
- ‘Lean and Green Star’ for sustainable mobility (1st star)
Pon & CO2-neutral business
Sustainable entrepreneurship is one of the pillars of our ‘We move you to a better world’ strategy. This implies that Pon strives to reduce its CO2-emissions as actively as possible. We are well on our way in the Netherlands. But Pon wants more and has therefore launched a CO2-neutral strategy with the aim of achieving all of Pon’s own activities without a CO2-footprint. As of 2018, Pon is CO2-neutral in the Netherlands. Other countries will follow in due course.