What are cookies, web beacons and similar techniques?
A cookie does not contain or collect its own information, but is read by a server through a web browser. The information can be used to enable a more user-friendly service by recognizing errors, for example. We do not store cookies for longer than necessary.
Web beacons are small graphic images (also called “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may appear on or in our websites, services, applications, communication services and tools and are used for various purposes such as measuring the performance of our websites, tracking the number of visitors to our websites and how visitors navigate our websites.
Similar information storage techniques are other technologies that store information in your browser or device and that use locally shared objects or local storage. Examples include flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies and other web application software methods.
For the sake of simplicity, we use the term ‘cookie’ in our policy as a global term to refer to all cookies, web beacons and similar techniques.
In order to use all our website features, you must enable cookies. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you will still be able to visit the website, but your use of certain website features may be restricted.
You may notice the presence of the different types of cookies generated by your visit to this website. We use the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies
- Analytical cookies
These cookies are necessary in order to enable you to browse Pon websites, use its features and access protected areas of the website. Without these cookies, features such as the shopping cart and electronic payment cannot function.
- We may use these cookies for:
- Authenticating users for secure login;
- remembering products you add to your shopping cart while shopping online;
- remembering payment or order information that you enter on the various pages, so that you do not have to enter all your details repeatedly;
- passing information from one page to the next, for example when completing a long survey or entering a large amount of data for an online order;
- saving preferences relating to language, location, number of search results to display, etc.;
- saving settings for optimum video playback, such as buffer size and your screen resolution data;
- reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen;
- locating abuse of our website and services, for example by recording multiple consecutive failed login attempts;
- evenly loading the website so that it remains accessible;
- offering the option to save login information so that you don’t have to enter it repeatedly;
- providing the option to post a comment on our website.
These cookies collect information about the browsing habits of visitors to our website, such as frequently visited pages and whether visitors receive error messages. This enables us to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. The statistics and other reports are not linked to individuals.
- We may use these cookies for:
- Tracking the number of visitors to our web pages;
- tracking the length of time each visitor spends on our website;
- establishing the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website;
- assessing which parts of the website require improvement;
- optimizing the website.
We may use software such as Google Analytics in order to analyze page usage, page interactions and browsing paths on our sites. This is called “website metrics” or “web analytics”.
- Ensuring that we have a “Processing Contract” with Google;
- enabling anonymization of IP addresses in Google Analytics;
- ensuring that data sharing with Google does not occur.
Google may only provide this data to external parties if Google is required to do so by law or to the extent necessary for external parties to process data on Google’s behalf.
You can prevent the data generated by the cookie and related to the use of the website (including your IP address) from being collected and processed by Google by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Pon uses and places the functional cookies when you visit our website in order to ensure that the website works. We only place analytical cookies following your permission. On your first visit, you will be given the opportunity to indicate your preferences for how we use the various cookie types. We will save your preferences for your next visit to our website. You can change your preferences at any time.
You can manage and/or delete cookies if you wish. For more information about this, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You can delete any cookies already stored on your computer and most browsers can be configured to prevent their use. However, if you do this, you may need to manually adjust certain preferences each time you visit and certain services and features may not work.
Questions and feedback
Send any questions and comments about cookies or privacy to email@example.com.