Privacy Statement Pon Logistics
This Pon Logistics Privacy Statement applies to the collection, use and other forms of processing of personal data by Pon Logistics B.V. (“Pon Logistics”) in connection with our services, Pon Logistics products and this website.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Pon Logistics B.V. (Zuiderinslag 10, 3833 BP Leusden, the Netherlands) is the legal entity responsible for the entire process of collecting and processing your personal data in connection with Pon Logistics’ products, services and websites.
Pon Logistics B.V. is part of Pon Holdings B.V. and its affiliated companies (“Pon”). Pon Logistics B.V. and Pon are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and protecting the personal data you share with us.
Why do we process your personal data?
Personal data is any piece of information about an identified or identifiable natural person. If you choose to register your personal data, contact us or visit our websites, we will process some personal data about you. We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- communicating with you personally or informing you about Pon Logistics’ products and/or services in accordance with your choices;
- providing customer service, including service relating to buying services and/or products, fulfilling guarantee obligations and product recalls for our own services and those of affiliated companies, and handling complaints and inquiries;
- processing your purchases of products and services from Pon Logistics including financial and logistics processing;
- processing your account with Pon Logistics;
- processing your participation in contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- conducting market research in order to improve our business operations, services and Pon Logistics’ products or in order to develop new business operations, services and products;
- performing and reporting on statistical analysis;
- providing services on the internet and related matters such as updating the status of customer service tickets;
- providing a loyalty program and communicating with stakeholders;
- providing app features and sending relevant commercial messages;
- communicating future promotional and marketing information to you,
including purposes for direct marketing and retargeting;
- aggregating and/or anonymizing personal data in order to generate other data for our use;
- meeting our legal responsibilities, settling disputes and enforcing our agreements;
- as otherwise indicated at the time or around the time the personal data is collected;
- logistics handling of products from affiliated companies.
What personal data do we process?
Exactly what data we process depends on which websites, products or services you use and how you use them. We process the following personal data:
Data you provide to us:
This is the data you enter yourself when you visit our websites or use our products and services. This data includes your name, address, place of residence, gender, email address, telephone number, age, date of birth, the Pon Logistics’ services you use, bank details for paying for Pon Logistics’ services, etc.
Data we receive through affiliated companies:
This is the data we receive from affiliated companies for the purpose of being able to perform our services or offer our products. This includes processing logistics services. This data includes your name, address, place of residence, gender, email address, telephone number, age, date of birth, the Pon Logistics’ services you use, bank details for paying for Pon Logistics’ services, etc.
This is data that is collected or automatically generated while you are using Pon Logistics’ websites, products and services. Metadata is often collected or generated when you use a computer device or when you transmit data over a computer network such as the internet. This data includes information you use in the user interface and during other device activities, as well as IP addresses, unique device identifiers, MAC addresses for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices, cookies, and data from computer activities.
Our legitimate interests include: marketing, advertising, security, (crime) prevention, IT management, research and analysis of our own products or services, corporate housekeeping, legal affairs, and internal management.
If you have given permission for your personal data to be processed, you have the right to withdraw your permission at any time by sending a request to email@example.com.
How do we share or transfer your personal data?
You should be aware that Pon Logistics is part of a business group within Pon and that departments (such as marketing and IT) may be part of Pon’s global companies. As a result, your personal data may be shared with and/or transferred to the other business group companies or other Pon business units across the world. You can view the list and locations of our companies here: https://pon.com/en/about-pon/companies/.
Pon Logistics may also share your personal data with third parties in order to perform certain activities on behalf of Pon Logistics and facilitate the services they provide to us. These may include service providers of services such as website hosting, data analytics, payment processing, order fulfillment, logistics processing, information technology and related infrastructure facilities, customer service, email delivery, audits and other services. Pon Logistics may also share your personal data with third parties so that they may send you marketing communications in accordance with your choices. Pon Logistics requires these third parties to process and protect your personal data carefully. Pon Logistics will not sell your personal data to third parties.
Pon Logistics or Pon may reorganize, merge or otherwise sell or divest (part of) a business to another company. If any such company is related to Pon Logistics, that transfer of ownership may include the transfer of your personal data to the new owner and its advisors.
We will only disclose your personal data if permitted or authorized by law, if necessary in order to prevent or combat fraud, if necessary for dispute resolution or if necessary for any other legitimate need that outweighs your privacy interests in the circumstances, such as the security of our business and the safety of our staff.
How do we protect your personal data?
Pon Logistics will take appropriate technical and organizational security measures against the loss or unlawful processing of your personal data. Those measures may include the use of secure registration forms, data encryption and the restriction of access to your personal data.
Certain countries do not have an adequate level of personal data protection. However, you can rest assured that Pon Logistics will take appropriate security measures for the purposes of confidentiality and protection of your data. For transfers from the EEA to countries which, according to the European Commission, do not offer an adequate level of data protection, we have taken adequate measures such as contractual agreements with third parties, as approved by the European Commission. You can request a copy of these measures by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we store your personal data?
We will retain personal data for as long as necessary or permitted within the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law.
The criteria below are used to determine our storage period:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or continue to use our services);
- whether there is a legal obligation that we must comply with (for example, certain laws require us to retain our transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- whether it is desirable from our legal position to retain personal data (for example, regarding limitation periods, disputes or investigations by regulatory authorities).
Cookies, web beacons and similar techniques
If you wish to review, correct, update, limit or delete your personal data processed by us, object to the processing of personal data or receive an electronic copy of your personal data in order to transfer it to another business (to the extent that this right to data transfer is awarded to you by the applicable law), please contact us at email@example.com or [Zuiderinslag 10, 3833 BP Leusden, the Netherlands]. We will respond to your request in accordance with the applicable law.
Please describe as clearly as possible in your request the personal data to which your request relates. For your protection, we will only process requests relating to the personal data associated with the specific email address you use to send us your request, and we may ask you to verify your identity before we grant your request. We will endeavor to respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable, and in any event within the time periods required by law.
Contact, questions, feedback and Data Protection Officer
Please send your questions and comments regarding this Privacy Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) can also be contacted at the above email address. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged breach of the applicable privacy law occurs.
This Privacy Statement is subject to change. Changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we publish the revised statement. If necessary, we will notify you of changes to our Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement was last updated on July 1, 2022.